Upward Basketball Schedule of Events for Saturday, February 29, 2020
Your team will play at the designated game time (40 minutes +/- on court)
- 30-minute game: No practices, no introductions. Just a game.
- Teams shake hands; sit on team bench.
- Wallace shares final word to large group, presents awards if applicable; dismisses all to the post-game rooms.
- The coach will talk about the final game; present game day stars (Kindergarten coaches present final devotional)
- You will have the opportunity to speak your blessing to player! Please tell your coach
- If your player will not be here on February 29, or
- If you need help with the blessing, or
- If you prefer to speak your blessing to your player privately.
- The coach will then present team awards.
- Enjoy your team party in your post-game room.
Resource links on blessing your child:
In this corner, HOPE!
Are you looking for a place to serve? Do you enjoy helping people achieve better health? Come to our volunteer orientation to hear how you could be involved.
THIS GROWING MINISTRY NEEDS YOUR HELP!
We come to know others better and more quickly when we participate in common interests. Getting to know someone is much easier sitting in the boat on the lake than sitting in a chair in the office. You get to know someone much more personally on Monday mornings during basketball than you do on Sunday mornings during worship. That's just the way it is.
I'm Wallace Yamauchi, the Fitness and Recreation Minister at First Baptist Church. Thanks for stopping by our site. We hope you'll stop by our campus and get plugged in to one of the many activities we offer. And come back often to this page where you'll find new pictures, videos, and information about upcoming events. I'm sure you'll find something that catches your eye. And if not, let me know. We may just get that curling league going after all!
*As quoted by Steve Connor; Sports Outreach: Principles & Practice for Successful Sports Ministry; c2003; Christian Focus Publications, Ltd., p59)
Find us here.
First Baptist Church
2350 Central Avenue ~ Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
501-623-9999 ~ www.firsthotsprings.com